Monday, October 15, 2007

My Plight

Wow, a lot has been on my mind the past week. Ok, who am I kidding? A lot has been on my mind the past month. I stayed home from work today because I was feeling ridiculously sick to my stomach and didn't sleep more than a couple hours all night because of it. I think it's mostly because of this job, but I didn't want to risk being stuck in the bathroom with my head in a toilet for the majority of my day, so I opted to call in sick.

The temp agency found my replacement last week, and she started on Thursday. Meanwhile, they want me to stay and work until Wednesday...or at least, that's what they said last week. I talked to the agency today and tried to verify that they wanted me to stay until Wednesday. The girl told me that I could work through Wednesday or finish off the week. It was up to me, but either way, I had to let her know what I was doing. Well, I don't want to stay there because each day I'm there I feel a little more stir crazy and claustrophobic. I mean, I was hoping Friday would have been my absolute last day, but it wasn't.

At the same time, she may have a job lined up for me. Actually, it was a job that was offered to me a month and a half or two months ago but I just missed out on getting. I'm guessing it didn't work out for whoever they had hired there, and it swung my direction again. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing, but I do know that it's located at a place where I know three of its employees. She had offered me another job as a counter clerk somewhere, but it would require the same bull that I hated about retail, so I declined. That prompted her to ask if it was because I wanted to get away from customer service and would rather just have a "punching letters and numbers in a computer" kind of job...in an open, bright environment. That's exactly it.

However, here's my dilemma: I'm not sure whether to work until Wednesday and give myself a couple days off or finish the week out. A huge part of me is just anxious to get out of there. It's been two weeks since I gave them my notice (if you will), and I'm going crazy in that building. Another small part of me is saying I should just suck it up and work the remainder of the week because we need the money. I'm really torn. Anyone with an educated opinion on this matter would be helpful.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Forget about whether you need the money or not.
Always do what your heart says to do not your head. Ask the universe for direction, support and the highest good for all. You will know the right thing to do. It will also help you get through the week if you so choose to finish it out.
good luck.