Thursday, November 8, 2007

No Customers But An Abundance Of Idiots

I may not have any complaints about customers anymore since I'm not in retail, but I'll never run out of content. Why? Because there are plenty of stupid people left out there that I encounter on a daily basis just while driving to work. In fact, I almost got into two accidents this week alone that weren't my fault in any way.

The first happened on Tuesday when we got our first bout of snow for the season. Usually, people drive either too fast or too slow. I would rather the latter, but it doesn't always turn out that way. I was driving down Peach Street on my way back to work after my lunch break. The roads weren't too horrible at that time although it was still snowing/hailing, so it's smart to be a little cautious. I was driving about 7-8 miles above the speed limit, but the person behind me thought I was going too slow, apparently, because they were attached to my rear end for blocks. Once we hit 26th Street, he moved into the right lane while I stayed in the left. The entire way down, he kept switching lanes and wasn't making any headway because we were still pretty much side-by-side the entire time. It was ticking me off to watch it too since he was within inches of everyone's bumpers every time.

When we were between 7th and 8th Streets, I noticed a car to the right with its four-ways on, so to accommodate the people in the right lane, I moved to my left slightly. This guy apparently thought that was his cue to push me further to the left because he kept moving closer and closer to my car until I was pushed to the side of the road while he took over the left lane. I held my horn down, thinking, What in the hell are you doing? I wasn't in his blind spot. I was right next to him. How could he miss me? I'm just glad I noticed because he strikes me as a hit and run kind of driver. After that, he took off at the speed of light--narrowly missing out on a rear-end collision with the car in front of him and the car to the right by swerving to (and shooting into) the right lane. Wanna slow down, dipwad? If not for your own sake (since the municipal building is right there), at least for everyone else's safety.

Idiot #2 came around this morning on my way to work. Again, I was driving down Peach Street [What is it with this area?], and I was nearing on 20th or 21st when a car sitting at the stop sign decided to go ahead and cross the intersection while I was right on top of it. I immediately slammed on my brakes and burned rubber as I slid across the road. When I finally stopped, I was only a few inches from her driver's side door. I did what anyone would do in that situation and honked my horn. She looked over at me with a blank expression and looked away as she drove off. It didn't scare you that I almost took you out with my car? It's not like it's that hard to cross that part of Peach Street. It's one-way at that point. You don't even have to look both directions before you cross. That's one less step! That should make it easier to avoid a collision...right? You would think...

The funny part about this is I had a dream last night that I crashed into someone while driving to work. Eek.

3 comments:

Limo Hire said...

This is one of the creative post and it’s very innovative one.Thanks for sharing.I just like it.Keep it up.Keep blogging.

Limo Hire said...

Really Interesting post.Thank you very much for sharing.Keep it up.Keep blogging.

ecommerce660 said...

This post is well written…thanks for the post!.I got more useful information on this blog.Thanks to sharing the useful information….Keep blogging.