Wednesday, December 26, 2007

After the Hustle and Bustle

Well, I hope everyone had a great Christmas. I can't say mine turned out too badly. I got pretty much everything I wanted and more. My in-laws all pitched in to get me the first level of Rosetta Stone (Russian), so I've been plugging away at that ever since. I didn't realize how much I knew already until I started using it. I find myself saying, "Cake," a lot during the lessons, which is a pretty good sign. Thanks to the stick-on letters, my keyboard is now Russian-ized, and my fingers are now adapting to typing in Russian. All is well.

In addition to that, my husband got me a few t-shirts off Threadless that I really wanted. I wore one that managed to start a lot of conversations and laughs.
He also got me tickets to see Jim Brickman at the Warner on Friday night. I didn't think we were going to be able to go because of being tight on cash, but he got them. I'm excited for him to see him in concert with me. I saw him a few years ago when he was here, and I really enjoyed it. That had to be my biggest surprise of Christmas.

Now that this is my last day off until the weekend, I'm going to use some of my gift cards and brave the crowds at Barnes & Noble (I want to pick up some more Dostoyevsky books) and Best Buy. I had wanted to get a Wii, but one; they're all out, and two; we don't have enough in gift cards and money to cover it. I guess my next choice would be Guitar Hero III...if they have it.

So did you guys get anything exciting for Christmas? Or were you too drunk to remember?

7 comments:

ron said...

we'll have to get together with tam and have wii sports tournament at my house some time.

Rachel said...

Ah, dude, you have a Wii? When did you get that? I'm all for that. :)

Anonymous said...

What's a Wii? If it is what I think it is, I took one behind the Last Stop Bar on West 12th Street the other day.

Ron said...

You can come over our house too to play Wii - We've got Wii Sports, Mario Galaxy and Resident Evil 4. :)

I have no idea how Monica got it, but knowing her she didn't pay over retail price (which means she didn't eBay it :) )

Rachel said...

Sweet! I'm so there. :)
I have Resident Evil 4 for PS2, and I can only stomach about 5-10 minutes of that at a time because I get too freaked out. I'm sad...

Tam said...

You will all bow down to my skillz, once I figure out how to use the damn thing. I'm so there.

Tam said...

Jr, (ron #2)

Monica should be rid of that STD in a few weeks. She did what she had to do.