Sunday, December 30, 2007

Office Toy Wars

I'm now the proud, new owner of...a Cheburashka doll. Well, I will be once it arrives at my house from the Ukraine. Everyone else at work has a desk buddy/cubicle toy/office friend, but I don't have one. I could have gotten something off ThinkGeek.com, but it just wouldn't have fit me to a 'T', so I went with the obvious choice: a Russian toy. I'm excited because these are hard to find under $35, plus shipping, and I only had to pay $20 (including the shipping). I'm finally being thrifty. Now I just need to get a hold of the white Cheburashka from the Olympics in Russia. Lord, are they are to find.

Ok, I'm not sure why I thought you guys would care about this, but I wanted to share my excitement. Now you can all be confused by my love for/infatuation of Russian cartoons.

Update: After analyzing E-Bay some more, I discovered a Gena (Гена) plush, which would go incredibly well with Cheburashka, since they're both in the cartoon. The guy was selling them together, so he canceled my original order and is sending me the two instead. And it just figures that a few days after I order these, this shows up. I have horrible, horrible timing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's cute, just like you! A Russian toy is definitely your thing. =D

Anonymous said...

That is nice. Happy New Year to you. Wish your blog all the best this year 2008.

Rachel said...

Jon-
Nah, you're cuter, and yeah, I can't see myself with any other thing on my desk.

Cyprus-
Thanks. :) I'm hoping this blog will do well in '08.

Anonymous said...

Good Job! :)