Monday, January 7, 2008

Erie Bloggers Meetup...And Other News

This month's meeting will be tomorrow, January 8th at 7:00pm at Patrick's Restaurant in Harborcreek. I've been informed by Mr. Mahler that Lake Erie Lifestyle will be there to take a picture of all of us. I hope the turnout is good because this is the best publicity since the Erie Times wrote a story about us last year.
We're all nice and don't bite, so stop by and socialize with us.

Moving on...I'm about fed up with all the stupidity and ignorance of other people the past couple days because it's taking a toll on my car. Yes, pick the most expensive thing I own and try to damage it. I really appreciate that.
My husband and I were at Wegman's the other night, and as I was getting my things together before I got out of the car, the guy next to me flung his door open, and it smacked into my car and bounced a few times. I looked at him, and he didn't express any remorse or apologize for what he did. There's no way you couldn't realize you'd done it. It made a loud enough noise and shook my car. So I told my husband, and he ran after him and asked him what the deal was. Apparently, he was a total nutcase because he looked past my husband and was mumbling something. It was as if he weren't even there. Why do I park next to the idiots? I may as well have parked next to Britney Spears.

Then when I came home for lunch today, I noticed (or rather my husband did first) that my car had been egged in the back. I wasn't sure if it had happened last night or while I was in the parking garage at work, but I'd surmised that it probably happened at home. Either way, I was really upset. I love that car, and it's just getting banged up left and right. Can't I get a break?

1 comment:

Kitten said...

I seem to park next to those same people. I had some woman ram her grocery cart into my car the other night, laugh and go "oops!". Not "Oh, I'm sorry." Oops!