Friday, August 3, 2007

Burnt Out

Sorry for not writing anything the past few days. I've been beyond exhausted and stressed out lately. On top of that, I'm in the middle of a seven-day work stretch, which is no picnic. I'm looking forward to having two days off together (finally) on Wednesday and Thursday. It's been a while since I've had two together (not since we were on our trip last month), so I'm getting tired out. Burlington. Overload.

While my department manager was on vacation last week, I had to deal with a pain-in-the-butt customer (ok, he wasn't too, too bad, but he was a pest). I don't really want to get into the story because the whole situation and the people involved just ticked me off beyond belief. God-forbid they read this, I may have unexpected unemployment. Definitely not worth it. I will say that I tried everything in my power to help out this guy, and it went unappreciated by pretty much everyone. Just another day at my job...

My poor husband is suffering because I've been too tired to do much more than sit in a chair, nearly passing out or sleeping. I did go to the Y with him last night, which has become a rarity for me the past few months out of a combination of laziness and exhaustion. I got about five different exercises in, and they were all good (my chest is incredibly sore today), but I was ready to crash when I got home. I've been so loopy the past few days that I find it hard to even function correctly at work. Everyday has been a struggle. Even when I'm driving in my car, I feel myself drifting off into another world, which I've never done before. It's kind of scary to think about because I could get in a serious accident that way.

Between working a lot and trying to figure out this whole Russian language situation I'm in, I'm getting tired out/drilled into the ground (whatever you want to say). I really want to take these Russian classes, but I don't want to pay an arm and a leg to do so, but I fear I don't have a choice. It seems that everyone wants to charge me for credits I don't want. My last hope is Behrend. I pray that I'll have some luck with them. Otherwise, I'll have to stick to self-teaching with my course book, dictionary, verb book, Rosetta Stone, and the occasional help from Olga.

I think I really need a break. Olga had suggested us going to Niagara Falls in September for a couple days. I told her I probably wouldn't be able to swing it financially, but Jon was able to work it out, and he said I'd be able to go. I just need to let her know. I'm sort of looking forward to it, so I can just get away from Erie for a little bit. Yes, I know, I just got back from a big trip, but I'm already tired out from work life again.

I need to unwind some way...

2 comments:

Tam said...

Um Matt and I are totally crashing and heading up with you. We should go before it is IMPOSSIBLE to enter another country without donating a kidney to them. I've never been to Niagara on the Lake but I hear it's BEAUTIFUL.

And I'm a bit partial to Canada.

I miss you.

Rachel said...

Oh, shoot...you mean, they don't require kidneys as of late? I knew I should have read into that. Now I'm without both kidneys and my liver. Must have been in the fine print that it wasn't necessary. Crap! That's where they always get ya.

Hop in the car with us when we go there. LoL.
Miss you too! We need to hang out again when you're done honeymooning and such. :)