Thursday, June 7, 2007

Been A While

Sorry I haven't written in here for a few days, guys/gals. I, surprisingly, haven't spent a whole lot of time on the computer recently (I think hell just froze over). I've been busy doing things outside the house, despite being sick...still. I haven't got too much time before we leave for our trip out west for two and a half weeks. Where I used to have an empty schedule, I now have one that's almost completely full leading up to the trip. I wanted to get some posts in here before we leave on Thursday since I won't be back until July 1st.
I do want to briefly address my last post though:

I had some good--as well as some heated--feedback on the topic of monogamy. I think I need to clear up some assumptions people have about where I stand as far as monogamy's roots. I think some people misconstrued what my title was trying to say. I wasn't saying that monogamy or the "happy marriage" ended after the 50s because I certainly know that infidelity didn't start in the 60s. I know infidelity has been around for centuries. I do feel, however, that it's more prominent now than it was in earlier years, and with each passing day, it gets worse and worse. I don't think it just seems that way because people are more open about it and we have more ways of tracking spouses'/partners' every moves, but I think that it actually does happen more often. I think it's foolish to be naïve in thinking otherwise. To say our society hasn't changed sexually is stupid to say. Because people are more open about it today than they were 50 years ago, people are more likely to do it and more often because it's no longer thought of as something bad or to be kept secret. What's considered socially acceptable is what the majority is doing. Think about it.

To get on a more relaxed subject, I've been out trying to get ends tied before we go on our trip. I went to the doctor on Monday to get a refill for my Epi-Pens (bee sting allergies suck). God-forbid I get stung while I'm out hiking with the family. I'm assuming the bees are much bigger and hostile out there. Having never been out to Utah and the surrounding states, I wouldn't have a clue (MJ, you would know, so let a sister know).

Last night I got to go to a picnic my coworker was throwing. Her sister is here from Russia for a month, so this gave us a chance to get to know her a little bit. My coworker's grandson was there, also. He's three and a half months old and such a doll. It was small crowd, but I like it better like that. It's easier to have discussions with people when it's not so packed. The food was good; the company was good.

As for today, I get to get my blood work done and get my Epi-Pen prescription filled. I'm so hungry, so I hope I can be in and out of the ACL. Afterwards, I'm going to relax and spend some time with my parents since this will probably be my last chance before I leave, and then I'll be out to eat with Tam; her cousin, Steve; and ron (hopefully).

After that, six days of work in a row. Ick. I'll try to blog as much as possible though.

4 comments:

Tam said...

Can't wait! See you soon! I hope you don't give me what you have. No sharing my drink tonight.

Unknown said...

ur goin away till like july 1? now how will i know whats up with you? lol have fun hun take lots of pics and dont step in mud

Bobby Revell said...

Are you saying that freaky, weird and unsanitary open marriages that play games like pin the tail on the unknown sex partner and hope they're emotionless and disease free isn't a good thing for the institution of marriage? Well, I for one one am against such immoral behavior! Just a little humor for you before your trip. I thought you wrote a great article and I hope you guys have a lot of fun:)

Rachel said...

Tam, when have I ever shared a drink with you?
Mary, I'll be gone for about 2 1/2 weeks, but you'll probably be one of the very few to miss me. Everyone else will be complaining I'm not gone long enough.
Revellian, I like pin the tail on the unknown sex partner. Role playing is fun in a marriage. Haha.