Thursday, June 14, 2007

Au Revoir

So this will officially be my last post until I get back from my trip July 1st. I can't say I can do anything to tide you guys over for the time being, but I would like to thank those who are helping us out in our absence:

Ron, thanks for offering to give us a ride to Jon's parents' house so late at night. Now, mow our lawn and make us sandwiches...STAT!

Tam, thanks for actually wanting to take care of "the foul". My bird will appreciate the fact that she's getting fed much more often than normal. You'll be her new best friend. I'll take the necessary precautions to ensure she doesn't fly home with you (bye, bye, flight feathers). Oh, and thanks for grabbing our mail, so the mailman doesn't think we've died.

ron, thanks for keeping an eye on Tam. I know this was unexpected, but you're inadvertently going to have to do it. Someone has to. Matt can only do so much. Oh, and take your dang Super Troopers back, and re-watch Anchorman. Watch it until you can quote it word for word from beginning to end. I own it if you and Tam want to have a marathon together.

To the people I work with: Thank you for taking care of all my work--or rather, pseudo-work--while I'm gone. I don't miss it, but I appreciate the fact that you're there to do it. I know you don't want to, and that makes me happy. While you're dealing with difficult customers, the most I'll be dealing with is a heat wave at the Grand Canyon and, Should I get chicken or should I get steak today? Oh, dear...'tis a hard life.

Mom and Dad, I appreciate your wise decision to not take care of my bird while I'm gone. She's grown accustomed to Millcreek, and a life back in the 'Ville for a couple weeks would be far too traumatizing. In all seriousness, thanks for the prayers and well wishes for our trip. We'll bring you back a souvenier or two of the nature kind.

Pepsi and Snowball, you're no help whatsoever, but you're worth mentioning. Plus, you're going to be stuck at a pet hospital for two weeks, so you'd better appreciate us when we come back. We feed you and keep you alive. I expect a thank-you letter or blog when we return.

Thank you to anyone else I may have forgotten. See you all when we return!

3 comments:

Ron said...

I'm going to the gym after work, but I should be home before 7 easily.

Tam said...

We'll miss you. We already do.

Randy Maness said...

The blogging world misses you very much. I hope your having a great time ^.^