Monday, July 2, 2007

I Have Returned

Yes, it's true. I've made it back alive from my trip. I returned on Sunday morning, and I haven't blogged until now. My husband puts me to shame since he's already blogged, and he does once in a blue moon.
I'd love to tell you all about my trip right at the moment, but I need to go to bed, as I've jumped right back into work the day after coming back. I will, however, share with you one of the most humorous moments on my trip.

Jon, my father-in-law, and I were at the south rim of the Grand Canyon waiting for the shuttle for the Hermit Route. While we were waiting, a mother and her five or six year-old son were walking by. The little boy was looking down while reaching into his shorts. The following conversation ensued:

"What are you doing," the mother asked.
"There's something in my pants," he replied.
"What's in your pants?"
After a short pause, he answers, "Wood."
And so matter-of-fact-like, the mother asks, "Wood?"

I don't know if Jon and I were the only ones that thought it was funny or if we were the only ones to hear the conversation. Either way, it had me in stitches.

More stories (and pictures) to come...

7 comments:

Randy Maness said...

Welcome back!!^^

I hope that you had an awesome trip. I cant wait to hear more about it. (:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back home!

ron said...

welcome back! was this kid and her mother asian?

Anonymous said...

Isn't that how little boys earn the nickname "Woody?" Welcome back!

Unknown said...

haha u know my friend todd looked at me like i was nutz when i read that to him he couldnt understand y it was funny. as a mother whos son has the same facination with that particular bodypart i think its rather amusing lol welcome back huney take a day to re-energize n then tell us all about it :)

Anonymous said...

That had to be one of the funniest things that happened out there. I still can't believe no one else really noticed, seeing as we were waiting in a huge, quiet line for the shuttle when it happened.

Anonymous said...

i just found your blog.. where have you been on your trip? waiting to see your trip photos