Sunday, July 29, 2007

Another Shameless Plug for Mike Nelson

I wanted to make a quick post in relation to my last one. Not only is there such a thing as The Film Crew, but they're also the masterminds behind Rifftrax, which is essentially the same idea as MST3K and what The Film Crew does, but these are done with more recent and/or popular movies. They could actually be ones you enjoy watching by themselves.

They've done numerous movies so far such as The Matrix, Halloween, and the soon-to-be-released 300. You pay anywhere from $.99 to $2.99 to download the audio commentary, and then you just play it over your movie. This was so the creators could avoid getting sued. I know it seems kind of silly to do that, and you need to own or rent the movie in order to enjoy the commentary, but after having watched all the samples they offer, I think it would be worth it.

Here's a sample from Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country:


I think I'm on a "MSTie"/Film Crew/Rifftrax kick right at the moment, and you'll all have to suffer through it.

No comments: