Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Stress, Stress, Stress

I'm so incredibly tired and stressed out. I'm not even sure why I'm on here writing this blog other than to apologize if I don't blog as frequently as usual. I have to say I've been a little overwhelmed with my current job. Don't get me wrong: It hasn't been busy at all. In fact, it's been quite slow at work, which is part of the reason why I feel the way I do.

Every day I go in, I feel like I'm wasting 8 hours of my life. It's a thankless job (like many people possess), and I get no joy out of it anymore. The only things that keep me going are the couple people that help me get through the day and the fact that I desire to keep a roof over my head. Beyond that...well, there is no beyond that. That's where it ends.
Now they're doing register training at work, which shouldn't seem like a big deal, but I have one problem with it: It epitomizes everything I truly loathe about retail, and I'm being forced train on it. That's why I had set myself a goal to get a job by Thursday. Things are not looking up because I was being far too unrealistic.

I've now resorted to some serious job hunting, but it has produced nothing thus far because I didn't give myself enough time to make something happen (it's been slightly less than a week). Although I have two interviews at two different temp agencies (one tomorrow at 10:30 and another Friday at 8:30) and have sent my resume in for a job of interest, I'm still a little frustrated with myself.

It wasn't too long ago that I was sitting in this same position at a different job wondering how I could get myself out of this hole I was in. I let myself get wrapped up in the routine so easily that it's hard for me to pull myself out and move on. When I was at Dollar General I couldn't wait to leave; yet, it was so difficult to go. That meant starting over at a new place with new people and new routines that I wasn't familiar with. That's scary if you've ever had to jump from one job to the next when you've sort of made yourself a part of that old job.

This is my predicament today/tonight/this week/this month/this year. I want so badly to leave where I'm at, but I'm so scared. Can anyone sympathize?

2 comments:

Bobby Revell said...

I know how that can be, but you cannot let it get to you. Besides, you can talk to me and I'll cheer you up:) Girl, do you want a lot more traffic? I'm sending it this weekend. You'll see, special surprise:)

Jenson said...

Having a job that you hate is like having your soul sucked out every time you enter the building's door. That's how retail made me feel. It took a lot of hard looking... but the last couple of jobs I had, I really liked... including this one. Keep the looking up, and you will find something :)