Monday, June 11, 2007

Will You Miss Me When I'm Gone?

This blog has gone by the wayside the past week or so, and for that I apologize. It's been incredibly hard to update while trying to accomplish all that I'm trying to do before we go on the trip. You're probably all wondering what kind of trip this is going to be anyway. It's a pretty big deal to me since I haven't been anywhere past Kentucky/Tennessee, so to go all the way out to Utah and the surrounding states is a jump.

We're leaving late Thursday night to take a train out to Chicago, Ill. where we'll have a several-hour layover before boarding the sleeper cars to head out to Salt Lake City, Utah. While we're out there, we'll be doing everything under the sun. I'm particularly excited for the whitewater rafting trip down the Snake River. I've been wanting to do that for years (I was quite infatuated with The River Wild when I was a kid), so now I finally get my chance.

We'll also be horseback riding and hiking, and we'll be at the Grand Teton Mountains, Yellowstone National Park, and the Grand Canyon. Those rechargeable batteries will definitely come in handy.
From what I hear, it's like a whole different country on the west side. I can't say the eastern part of the country has much to appreciate, but maybe that's because I've lived here my entire life.

Just trying to prepare for this trip is somewhat stressful. I'm afraid I'm going to forget some vital thing, and then I'll be screwed. I've never been gone from home for 2½ weeks, but I'm going to enjoy every second of it. Being away from work for that long is going to be one of the most enjoyable parts. I can't even begin to tell you how these last two work days are going to be the longest of my life.

If I don't get to blog again before my trip, I hope you guys don't miss me too much or stop reading my blog because of my absence. I promise I'll be back at it by July 2nd! So au revoir, paka, goodbye.

12 comments:

Ron said...

You know why they call them the Grand Tetons, right?

Rachel said...

*sigh*

ron said...

we need you. hell, i need you. i'm a mess without you. i miss you so damn much. i miss being with you, i miss being near you. i miss your laugh. i miss your scent; i miss your musk. when this all gets sorted out, i think you and me should get an apartment together.

signed,
the real lowercase ron.

Rachel said...

Hey, ron, why don't you sit the next few rounds out, if you know what I'm sayin'... ;)

ron said...

or, you could just watch the movie anchorman so you know what i'm sayin' :) just make sure you do that after you rewatch super troopers and acknowledge the fact it's a great movie

Rachel said...

I have seen "Anchorman", which is why I responded the way I did. I think you need to rewatch the movie to see why. ;) You apparently don't remember what Ron Burgundy says after Champ does that whole rant you just typed up.

No re-watching Super Troopers though...ick. Maybe Tam can give that back to you since she'll be at my house and all while I'm gone.

Tam said...

And The WEdding Singer so you can tell us what song he breaks down on.

Tam said...

Yes, I'll be there because we got an apartment together. I WIN

word veri: pydye

Ron said...

And I lived in my sister's basement.

Anonymous said...

Adios! Have a great trip. A few years ago we flew out to Denver, rented a car, then drove down to New Mexico, across to Arizona and the Grand Canyon, up through Utah and several more beautiful canyons, across Wyoming and then back down to Denver to fly home again. Two weeks goes by fast. It was the trip of a lifetime.
If you get a chance to stay in a "little America Hotel" don't miss it. There are only about 5 of them and they are out west. I'm pretty sure one is in Utah. It's like staying in a 5 star hotel for less money than a Holiday Inn. My son still talks about it.

The best line in Anchorman was:
"I just ate a big red candle."

Unknown said...

hell yea ull b missed i wont have anything to read and nothing to laugh about. oh well guess ill just have to reread all ur stuff n hope it makes up for the absence lol have a great tiime on ur trip hun bye jon

Rachel said...

Ok, Tam, you, Matt, Jon, and I get an apartment together. Ron, Monica, Kaitlyn, and Aubri can live in the basement, and ron can live in the doghouse outside. What a happy family. ;)