Monday, March 19, 2007

Beginning the Thirty-Day Trek...

So I've decided to start the challenge to blog thirty times in thirty days.  I wasn't sure if I was mentally prepared to throw decent (or at least halfway-decent) content at you on a daily basis, but I figured it could be one of those things that I could just do and not think about.  Thinking just gives me more reasons not to go through with it.  So begin counting the blogs and counting down the days until April 17th (my last day of commitment).  Feel free to follow in the footsteps of Shane and anyone else willing to walk the long, vigorous pathway.

Now, onto an actual blog, so I can't rob you of true content.  I know you were worried.  It's ok.

As my husband and I were in Best Buy the other night buying a few video games (Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, Tetris Worlds, and the obligatory purchase of Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit game), I thought back to one moment I had in that store a few months ago:

I was purchasing Resident Evil 4 as an early Christmas present to myself using a gift card I had gotten.  I brought it up to the register, and the cashier asked for my ID.  In case you aren't aware, the Resident Evil games can only be sold to those 17 and older due to their 'M' (mature) rating.  I was somewhat flattered as I pulled out my driver's license.  He searched through it looking for the birthdate, and when he found it he quickly answered, "Oh.  Sorry about that."
"That's ok," I replied with my common chuckle.
"You're older than me," he said.
That caused an inner snicker or two.

I'm thinking about starting a group:  I Still Get Carded At Best Buy.  I'm the only person I know that still gets carded at some stores but can get senior discounts at some restaurants, as well. 
You're asking, "What?" 
I say, "Later blog..."

No comments: