Monday, March 12, 2007

Let's Play Catch-Up

A lot has happened the past week and a half.  I know I've been beyond lazy with posting about goings-on.  Most of you probably have heard the latest straight from the horse's mouth (that's my mouth, of course).  I think I'm going to break this down for all of you.  Prepare yourselves.

Arnold Classic:
March 2-4 we went to the Arnold Classic in Columbus, Ohio.  I was excited and looking forward to some time away with my husband (as I stated in my blog).  Friday was a pretty nice day.  It was fairly warm, and the sun was shining.  I thought that was a pretty good precursor.  We arrived in Columbus at 2:00pm that day, and we couldn't check into the hotel until 3:00, so we never made it to the convention center until around 5:15, and the expo ended at 6:00 that evening.  Jon and I bought tickets anyway and tried to scrounge up as many free samples as possible.  We barely got anything at all and left rather disappointed but anticipating Saturday.

That night his sister took us to the Book Loft where I ended up seeing one person I knew, but as circumstances would have it, I didn't get to say one word to her.  I'm not even so sure she would remember me anyway even though we went to youth group together.  Who knows?  Regardless, I had fun there.  It was an interesting little establishment.  They handed out maps so you could find your way around this maze of sorts.  I'd never seen anything like it.
We got back late that night, so we didn't crash until around 1:00am, and I had to be up at 6:30 to get to the expo by 9:00.

Saturday was horrendously busy.  That's nearly all I have to say about that.  Most of the time, we were standing in line for things we had no clue we were standing in line for.  We found ourselves asking people in front of us where the line we were standing in led to.  It was just a waste of time.

Speaking of standing in line, we were waiting in line at the Optimum Nutrition booth for free samples.  The line was moving pretty steadily which was a relief compared to the other lines.  I'll be damned if we get right up to the beginning of the line (only had a couple guys in front of us), and we're stopped dead in our tracks.  Why?  Well, we had no clue for a while.  Then we discovered it was because they thought we were in line to see John Cena.  Personally, I couldn't care less about this guy; I just want my free crap and to go on my merry way.  The confusion was caused by the speculation of two lines to see John; one of which--of course--was our line.  After waiting for almost an hour, Jon and I decided to ditch it.  If you can't figure out a way to get it resolved in under an hour, you're not worth our time.
Not only were we upset we were in line for that long, but in the process we missed Arnold.  We could hear him from the booth, but that's all we got.  Teh Sux0rz.

Nothing was on schedule in that whole place.  The only things we really caught were the sumo wrestling demonstrations and the boxing championships.  We wanted to see the sumo wrestling, but we caught it by accident because they started it an hour before it was "scheduled", and we happened to be over near the stage.  I'll just say that the demonstrations were interesting.  I'll let the pictures speak (Go to my Flickr set to view the photos).
As far as the boxing went, it was good.  We were practically ringside.  We watched about 3 different matches before we decided to take off and enjoy the rest of the day away from the crowds.

During our trip we got to stop at two different restaurants that I've been dying to eat at:  White Castle and Qdoba.  Needless to say, I was pleased.  It's the little things that bring me happiness.

We didn't end up going back to the expo Sunday morning, although in retrospect, I wish we had.  We heard it wasn't as crowded, and they were giving out tons of free samples that day.  Well, at least we know for next year...


My Sister Came Home:
On Wednesday evening, my sister flew in from Kentucky to visit for a few days.  I decided I'd go to the airport with my mom to pick her up since I was working 9-5, and her plane was set to arrive at 6:10.  We got to the airport a little late, but we caught her at the baggage claiming area.  So much for claiming it, however...

The conveyer belt went 'round and 'round, but her baggage was nowhere to be found.  Northwest never gave her a tracking sticker in Lexington, so they couldn't track the location of her bag.  She thought she'd never see it again.  Thankfully, she got it back the following afternoon.  They'd never flew it in from Detroit.

I didn't get to spend a whole lot of time with her, but we did go out to dinner at Applebee's Saturday night, and I got to go shopping at the mall with her today.  It's amazing how time changes things.  Ten years ago, I would have hated clothes-shopping with her.  It was nothing against her at all.  I just hated shopping for clothes.  I was always more of an electronics kind of person.  Today, however, I had a lot of fun.  I even picked out a couple shirts for myself at Aeropostale.  It just amazes me.

She's heading back to Kentucky tomorrow afteroon, so hopefully she'll be back up to Erie again soon.  I think our relationship has changed a little bit this past week.  I'm not sure how or why, but it has...for the better.


Other Things...:
I'm finally talking to someone about my previously mentioned problems tomorrow afternoon.  I finally grew some balls (not literally, of course...or I may have something to talk to my husband about) and made an appointment somewhere.  Olga offered to go with me for emotional support or what have you, so I'm getting out of work early to head over there with her.  Pray that it all goes okay because I'm beyond nervous just thinking about it.


Now you're all caught up.  Do your eyes burn yet?

No comments: