Wednesday, March 21, 2007

It's Time

About a month and a half ago, I joined the MasterRussian.net message boards.  Since I'm really getting into Russian language, I thought this would be perfect to couple with my studies.  I could ask people questions whenever I'm having trouble with anything, and Olya¹ will be sure to help me out.

Anyway, I was searching through their numerous forums, and one of them is called Learn Russian Through Video
That's perfect.  It has to have cartoons and movies of all sorts in there,  I thought.   (Well, no crap, you're thinking; shut it)
My eyes were drawn to one particular thread, and I'm not even sure why.  It contained a bunch of lyrics to a song in English, and at the top it had a link to a video on YouTube.  I never prepared myself for what was about to come.

Now it's time for me to share with all of you my first experience with Bumac (Vitas):

The poor guy is now the brunt of all jokes in my house.  My husband and I make fun of him by singing the chorus to Opera #2.  I'm sorry, but being a male countertenor is so far beyond what I can fathom that it automatically causes me to chuckle.  At the same time, I'm in awe at his incredible vocal talent.

No longer will you have the chance to hear the name Vitas and ask, "Who?"  You can just attempt to sing the chorus which is about 20 octaves too high for a normal man in response.  Have fun with that.  I know I do...

¹She's like the "head-honcho" of Russian, grammatical corrections on those boards.

No comments: