Thursday, March 22, 2007

Harry Potter: The Ladies Man

Bear with me as I try to explain how I came across the video I'm about to show you.  It all started when I read Ron's latest blog.  In it he included a skit from SNL featuring Tim Meadows as John-John Mackey: a let's-get-down-to-business kind of weatherman.  I hadn't seen that in quite a while, so it brought back memories.  I thought I might search for some videos of The Ladies Man on YouTube while I had Tim Meadows on my mind.

I only did a brief search, but I found one video featuring Cameron Diaz.  It was from there that I stumbled across the "Harry Potter" (aka Daniel Radcliffe) videos.

Apparently, he was on one episode of a show called Extras on the BBC.  Now, we all know--or most of us should be aware--of his participance in the onstage production of Equus¹.  He's been getting a lot of flack for his onstage nudity because we all know him as Harry Potter and God-forbid he do any adult roles.

Anyway, I found the video from his stint on Extras, and I thought I'd share it with you guys.  Now, you might find it more humorous if you've watched the Harry Potter movies just because you get acquainted with him as that character.  Let's just say, this is a little off-color and satirical but humorous, nonetheless.

Everytime I see the money shot, I'll think of him now.

¹In case you're not "in-the-know" about the plot of this play, I'll fill you in.  It's about a seventeen-year-old boy who has a passion for horses.  He blinds six horses using a metal spike from a horse shoe.  Long story short, a psychiatrist studies the boy to figure out why he did it and what inner demons he's struggling with; meanwhile, he begins struggling with his own.

No comments: