Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Wow

I'm thoroughly impressed by what Erie had to offer yesterday.  It was such a beautiful day that I didn't even want to set foot inside Burlington.  I've never been so close to calling off work as I was yesterday. 

At least I got to enjoy the first half of the day leading up to 1:00.  The sun was shining, the temperatures were at a comfortable low-70's, and our neighbors (yes, including the anal snow shoveler) were doing yard work in preparation for the summer months.  I opened up almost every window in our house to let that beautiful smell of spring/summer in and the stale, stuffy, winter air out.  It just put me in a better mood (even in spite of having to go to work).

It was the perfect driving day.  I wished that I worked further away, so I could enjoy more time with my sun roof up and windows rolled down while blasting Rob Zombie's Dragula; or perhaps something easier such as The Eagles would have been more appropriate or Eve6's Open Road Song.  As it was, I could only get through one song in my trip to work, so I had to make a good, fast pick.  I ended up with Breathe by The Prodigy as a last resort.  I didn't allow myself enough time to pick carefully, but oh, well.

Even people weren't stupid enough to shop at the mall on such a gorgeous day.  Of course, Monday's are usually fairly slow anyway, but there was very little activity yesterday, which gave me time to enjoy the small amount of sunshine through the skylight (hey, you take what you can get).  It made me envy the 9-5ers out there.

I hope today turns out to be just as beautiful since I work until 5.  I can at least enjoy the warmth and fresh air through the windows while Olga helps with my Russian.  Maybe that can work to my intellectual advantage...

What did you guys do to enjoy the weather yesterday?  I certainly hope your day was better spent than mine.

Reminder:  Continue to throw some ideas my way.  I'm eagerly awaiting your comments.  Watch for a vlog (video blog) on Friday evening to announce the winner.  Thanks to those who have already submitted ideas.

No comments: