Sunday, April 1, 2007

One Shoe, Two Shoe

I hate to say it, but I'm very particular about what kind of shoes I wear these days.  I've been a boots fan for the past few years now, and I can't see myself wearing anything else.  The only problem is that I go through them like a baby and disposable diapers (for lack of a better parallel).  The pair that I just bought at Kohl's a few months back was wearing down already.  The heel in the right boot is almost completely off.  I wasn't sure if I was going to make it through the day today as Saturdays usually require a lot of walking due to how busy the store is.

I know I must walk funny because my last pair of boots had the same problem in the same side shoe.  Only this time, the heel came off completely while I was walking on it.  Thankfully, I was walking to my car after work late at night.  I caught my heel on a pothole, and it snapped it right off [See?  Potholes are wrecking more than cars these days.].

Tonight, my husband and I went out to get myself some new shoes.  I really loathe shoe shopping, and I especially hate it when I'm tired out from work.  I tend to settle with whatever, and then I'm unhappy later on because of my laziness.

Our first stop was D.S.W., and I was really disappointed because I couldn't seem to find anything that fit right.  Oh, well, I thought, we'll just head over to Kohl's instead.
What was over at Kohl's?  Jack crap.  All the boots that they had left were a size 10.  Who the hell wears size 10, and why do they have so many?  I thought the average woman was somewhere around a size 7, but I guess they're trying to accomodate for Hewoman.  I suppose if my feet were as big as Stephen Hawking's brain, they'd fit just fine, but I guess I'll have to cut my losses and try somewhere else.

We then went over to WalMart since it was nearby.  They didn't have any boots.  Arrrgh.
Is there a reason why women's shoes are seasonal but men's aren't?  A man could go in and buy whatever kind of shoe he wanted at any time of the year, but a woman...oh, no.  She can't buy certain kinds of shoes because they're "off-season," and stores honor that.  What the hell?  I know it's almost summer, but I want my boots.  If I were a hooker, how would I manage?

We decided to head back to D.S.W. again since they seemed to have the best selection of any of the places we went.  I actually found a pair that fit, and I think they'll last longer.  I decided to go with a pair that didn't have a separate heel but was all connected throughout the bottom of the shoe.  This way I won't break the heel off and do an emergency run to a shoe store to find a new pair.

Now I'm content and tired.

No comments: