Friday, April 13, 2007

April Snow Brings May Sleet

I can't help feeling kind of crappy when it's April, and all Erie can muster up is some snow/rain and cold temperatures.  It makes me long for the warmer Aprils we've had.  It's certainly depressing to look out the window everyday to the same cloudy sky, and when I step outside, I freeze.

I'm really looking forward to our trip down to Gatlinburg, Tennessee in a couple weeks for our anniversary.  I'm just hoping the weather will be warmer down there.  It was so beautiful last year when we went for our honeymoon.  I think it was raining a little bit when we got there, and it rained the night before we left, but that was it.  The rest of the days were sunny and warm.

One thing I wished we had done that I'm hoping we can do this time around is spend more time outside.  We ended up going to the arcade a lot and blowing our money there.  I mean, there's nothing wrong with that, per se, as we both enjoyed it, but we want to see what more that city has to offer.  There's a park that we neglected entirely, and I'm hoping we can visit it this time.  To be honest, we only went in Gatlinburg one time during our trip.  We were caught up with all the goings-on in Pigeon Forge.  They just have one large strip of almost anything and everything you could imagine.

I got so addicted to that city and the surrounding area.  I even told my husband I wouldn't mind moving down there, but I've gotta think more realistically about this.  It's hard not to get addicted.  We were up in the mountains in a chalet (cabin), and you were semi-secluded.  The people there were so nice, and their welcoming accents made you feel warm and fuzzy inside.  There were so many little critters walking around there.  It was interesting to see.  We had a couple "geckos" (as we called them because we didn't know what they were exactly) around the outside of the cabin, and we took pictures of them.  I was tempted to take one home with me, but we really don't need another pet.

Not only am I looking forward to this one-on-one time with my husband (don't get that a lot lately), I want a new atmosphere.  I want some warm temperatures and different scenery.  This Erie weather is extremely depressing, and I can feel it affecting my mood more and more each day.

I think we all need that little getaway.  Don't you?

No comments: