Monday, April 16, 2007

I Finally Exited the Bat Hole

It was nice to finally get outside and enjoy myself with friends; even if the weather was too cold to do anything outdoors.  I haven't gone out with friends in a long time; especially two at one time.  I met Tam and ron at Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner last night after going to a coworker's baby shower.  I walked in but couldn't find them anywhere, so I called ron only to find out he and Tam were sitting in a booth on the opposite side of the divider near the entrance where I was standing.  They were playing Texas Hold 'Em, which I've never played before.

Under ron's guidance I learned how to play.  Spending four hours playing it should be enough time to learn, and it was.¹  By the end of the night, I brought down Tam's $38,000-something to around $21,000-something, and I took a lead.  I don't remember what my high score was, but it was somewhere around $35,000.  Bring it on next time we go there, Tam!

While playing, we discussed the intricacies of first times, psycho boyfriends/girlfriends, and being called gay (all three of us are victims of that).  Ok, maybe they weren't "intricacies"--per se--but we touched on them.  I found that we all have similar viewpoints on things and the same sort of sense of humor.

After all the serious discussions and beating the crap out of eachother on THE, we discovered the chatroom on the electronic gamer we each had.  Actually, I should give ron credit for finding it first.  Being basically the only three still in the restaurant at the time (save for a few people hanging at the bar), we began chatting back and forth through text.  You wouldn't believe how many words they have censored out of that chat.  We couldn't say words such as "like," "beat," and even "poker," but we found ways around the system.  Just add a space between each letter.  Easy enough.

We all started putting in random words to see what it would block out.  We went from "liver" to "kidneys" to Tam's entry of "liver trats" (was supposed to be "treats").  Then it was "rectal trats" and "rat trats"...and eventually "amoebic dysentery" and "oregon trail".  At one point, ron typed in "our waitress is cute," and I responded, "ask her if she eats liver trats."  Being that we were tired and it was getting late, these messages were making us die in laughter.  I hope they don't log these, however.

In order to type in the chat, you had to be in the trivia, I guess, so we were trying to answer trivia questions of which we couldn't see the question nor the choices for an answer.  They didn't have it displayed on the TV near us and neither ron nor I could read it from that distance, so we all just guessed numbers.  Tam ended up beating us by a landslide.  I came in second, and ron came in third place ("Don't you mean last place, ron?" -Tam).

I'm really looking forward to the next time the three of us hang out again.  I haven't had this much fun or laughed this hard in a long time.  I think this was a good step.  Hopefully, we won't shatter your 30 vices challenge in the process, Tam.

¹Yes, we were at BWW for over four hours.  I'll bet the waitress just loved us.

No comments: