Monday, April 23, 2007

I Feel Giddy

So as most of you know already, my husband and I are heading down to Gatlinburg, Tennessee for our first anniversary.  It's where we spent our honeymoon, and it's just incredibly gorgeous down there.  I think I oogled over it enough last year, but I think I found my second home.  I wish it could be something we could do every year, but it's too expensive (around $500 just for renting the chalets for a few nights), and we want to try to get our own house by the end of this year (God-willing).

The chalets are set up on the Great Smoky Mountains, and almost any one you're in, you get a beautiful view of the mountains.  You can see scenery for miles.  Unfortunately, we couldn't get the same exact chalet we had for our honeymoon because someone reserved it, and the only day/night that was free was our anniversary. 

However, the cool thing about the one we got is that it has an indoor hot tub as well as an outdoor.  Our last one just had one outside, and we stopped using it at night.  We discovered a racoon walking around on the deck when we looked out the screen door while we were playing cards.  A sexy/romantic night out in the hot tub could turn into a living hell with one of those walking around.

Another nice thing is that it has two TV's and two DVD players.  Our last one had one TV, and it didn't even have a DVD player.  We ended up watching tons of episodes of Yo Mama until we bought a DVD player and season three of Spongebob Squarepants at WalMart one night.  Yes, we watched cartoons on our honeymoon...by choice.

A couple things it doesn't have that our other one did are a pool table and a loft bedroom.  Now, the pool table was a nice asset to the place, but it could have been placed better.  I'm not sure where exactly, but not up on the loft.  Between the slanting roof and the loft rail, it was hard to get a good shot.  Just ask my husband how extremely frustrated I got.  I think I even scared him.
The loft bedroom didn't get much use except for one time.  'Nuff said on that subject.

I'm hoping the weather will hold out for us this year.  We got pretty lucky last year as it really only rained a couple times (once when we got there and once the night before we left).  They were originally calling for rain this entire weekend, but it looks like Thursday's the only bad day so far.  I'm fine with that since we won't be there until around 6:00 or 6:30 that night anyway.

I don't know if I'll see the two "amigos" before I leave (that especially means you, Tam) or if I'll get to blog again, but try not to miss me too much.  I'll try to take lots of pictures, and hopefully no redundant photos.

No comments: