Sunday, May 20, 2007

I Need to Get In-Touch With My Hobbies

So these allergies that I was referring to in my last post were either a really bad case of allergies or just simply a cold. I'm not sure which, but either way, it left me feeling like crap. Thankfully, I feel much better today. I was worried I wouldn't be able to get together with ron and Tam tonight, but thankfully, the symptoms have subsided, and all I'm left with is a moderately runny/stuffy nose and a slight cough. My voice is slowly coming back to normal.

Also, I know I haven't blogged in a few days, but that's due in part to my aforementioned "allergies" and the fact that I've been somewhat busy. I've been in the mood to play some video games, as well. I have the tendency to get a new game and start it, but I don't ever finish it or I have a game, and I get right to the end, and I don't complete it. I recently bought Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, and I've started it, but I got so incredibly frustrated with a couple missions that I haven't started playing it again. I own all the GTA games (aside from Vice City Stories), and I've only ever completed GTA III. My game of GTA: San Andreas has been sitting on the last mission for over a year now. It's been so incredibly hard to beat that Jon and I made it a joint effort. I'm even stuck at the end of Final Fantasy VII, so whenever I do go back to it, I'm not sure where to pick up from because I've lost touch with my game and my characters altogether.

The only game that I know for a fact I've completed, and I enjoy playing it over and over again and beating it is Kingdom Hearts. I own Kingdom Hearts II, as well. In fact, I bought it last year when it came out, but I haven't beaten it yet because--you guessed it--I got frustrated with the battle against Xigbar, so I quit playing for a while. I'm near the end, so it's understandable that I'm not going to be able to win battles as easily as the beginning of the game, but I have one of those minds that craves perfection in whatever I do--video games included.

I decided to start playing KH2 again, so I popped it in only to realize the controller wouldn't work. I had my PS1 analog controller plugged in, but I didn't realize the game wasn't compatible with that (only with a dual-shock 2), so I looked for one of our PS2 controllers only to find out they were both at Jon's parents' house. I was a little disappointed that I didn't get to play, but he's picking up the controllers this afternoon, so I'm going to try to squeeze some playtime in this afternoon.

Along the lines of Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts III is supposed to come out for the PS3 sometime. I really liked the battle concept in KH2, so I'm hoping they keep it the same in the new game. I watched a couple trailers for it last night, and I'm excited for it but disappointed at the same time because I don't have a PS3 nor can I afford one. The only way I'll get to play this when it comes out is if someone buys me a PS3 or I, by some miraculous twist of fate, win one. Of course, by the time this game comes out (I'm speculating 2010), I can probably afford one. We'll see...

Jon really thinks that this third installment will ruin the series (like Final Fantasy X, X-2, and XII), but I'm not sure. From what I hear, it's supposed to be a prequel to Kingdom Hearts, which doesn't say that it's going to be any good, but it doesn't progress the story anymore; it just puts background to an already elaborate storyline, which I thoroughly enjoy if done correctly.
We'll find out, I guess. For now, I just really need to complete KH2. I still have no idea how it ends because I refuse to spoil it for myself by watching the end movies on YouTube.

3 comments:

Randy Maness said...

I have always loved all the Final Fantasy games since part 1. IV Japanese, and VII were the best.

As for Kingdom Hearts, That game is hard sometimes (Stuck in the arena beginning area) I bought part 1 and 2 and never finished part 1 and its been forever since I even tried. Part 2 is still sealed in the original plastic wrap.

I hope you feel better ^o^

Rachel said...

I really like the Final Fantasy series too, but I wasn't too impressed with X. I've never played X-2 or XII, but I really don't have a desire to. I really had fun with VII, and I still need to finish a game of IV. LoL.

So you're stuck in Olympus Coliseum, I'm assuming? Just takes practice. Some of those battles are tricky. If you don't think you're strong enough, just do a bunch of random battles around Traverse Town to get your level up. That's what I did. LoL.

You should definitely try KH2. It blows the first one away, but I still really like the original.

P.S. I'm feeling pretty good today; thanks. :)

Randy Maness said...

XII is actually awesome, I love the battle system and story. Its not my favorite though. As for KH1 I'm stuck on the part where I have to break the boxes before the timer runs out. I always miss one box.. lol