Thursday, May 10, 2007

M.J. Should Be K.O.ed

I've never really been one to watch movies made from comic books, but I have watched a couple in the past: Spider-Man and V for Vendetta. The only one of the two I thoroughly enjoyed was the latter. The story was fitting enough for modern day government; plus, Hugo Weaving's voice wasn't anything horrible to listen to for two hours. I came into it being very critical of Natalie Portman's acting (after having watched the train-wreck-like Star Wars performances), and I left the theater impressed. However, when I rented Spider-Man a few years ago, I was really disappointed, and I didn't even go into it with high hopes (or hopes in general). I felt like I wasted two hours of my life on a mediocre storyline and cliché special effects.

I have absolutely no desire to see the newest installment in the theaters or on DVD. It's for the same reason I never gave the second one the time of day either. From what I hear, Kirsten Dunst's performance was horrid, which I don't know how it could possibly be any worse than it was in the first movie, but I'll take people's word for it. She ranks up there with Katie Holmes, in my book.
If I had to write a positive review on this movie (or the trilogy), I'd so much rather spend my time watching Ishtar or a Quentin Tarantino movie (I hated Kill Bill).

Since you won't be seeing me at Spider-Man 3 at any time, I'll probably be watching Disturbia next Thursday. Tam was interested in seeing it, and I wasn't exactly hating the idea, so we're going to go. I don't normally watch "horror" movies in theaters, but as this one is only rated PG-13, it can't be incredibly gory like--let's say--Saw III, which gave me nightmares for a few nights straight. I've heard mixed reviews about this one on the web (mostly positive), but I don't know anyone who has actually seen it.

If you have, fill me in, and let me know if it was any good.

3 comments:

MJ said...

What??!! No Spiderman? Gurlllllll......at least tell me you're gonna watch Transformers!!!!!!!

Rachel said...

Transformers is different! Come on now! Spiderman bows down in the presence of Optimus Prime.

Stephanie said...

You hated Kill Bill? You're dead to me. Dead! ;)