Monday, May 14, 2007

I'm the Vanna White to Your Pat Sajak

I just got back from the Erie Bloggers meetup at the Fox and the Hound. I'd never been there before, but I had a lot of fun, and we had a huge turnout. I got to meet lots of new people--Shannon Solo being among them. I'm glad we had such a large group, but I wish we could have had more time to get to know the new folks. We don't usually get that many people, but I suppose the venue could account for the turnout.

On another note, I'm pretty excited that my blog finally got accepted by PayPerPost(dot)Com after being rejected initally, so now I can start raking in a few bucks here and there as I blog. I've already been taking a look at the opportunities that I'm qualified for, and I'm happy I get to try some new things. I have five different things I can post on at the moment (I would have had six, but I don't live in the UK or Australia). They add up to about $39 total, which doesn't sound like a whole lot, but it's a start.

I'm kind of interested in writing about the new Ashley Judd movie, Bug. When I first saw the opportunity, I thought I'd end up reviewing the movie itself, but you're actually just giving your opinion on the effectiveness of the two movie posters they have. Hey, it's an easy $5. Cha-ching!

I'm not giving up hope on the $80,000 to blog for a year, but I think it's safe to say that it will be a long shot unless I have a miracle group of voters who are dedicated to pulling me out of my current place of 39 and putting me in 1st. Can you say, "Wishful thinking?"

I should really start "selling myself out" for money tonight, but I think I'm going to push it to tomorrow. I'm not feeling overly creative at the moment, and I'm certainly not awake enough to be a convincing BSer. I'll be dreaming of the benefits of online coupons, why I should win an HDTV, and humbling myself at the feet of Pimpmaster PPPdC. Its pimp hand is mighty strong.

10 comments:

MJ said...

Fox and the Hound is the SHIT...well...kinda haha! I liked it! I use to go to the one in Dallas (south Dallas) quite a bit back when I was in Texas :P

Ron said...

Yeah, the Fox and the Hound is great if you've got a nice big fat wallet. It's good for maybe one drink, but if you want to eat dinner there you'd better decide if you'd like to pay your electric bill or the waitress.

Plus all the smoke makes you smell like ass.

Rachel said...

Yeah, F&H is pretty expensive. That's why Jon and I ate crunchwraps on the way over, and we ordered waters and a small plate of fries. Just over $2 for those fries too...oy.

We're gonna be at Panera's next month, Ron, so you guys can finally go. :)

Randy Maness said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Randy Maness said...

PayForPost eh? I made an account with them and kinda just left it alone, if you are interested in good affiliates I recommend commission junction. (http://cj.com/)
I originally just wanted to be an ebay affiliate yet they have so many more that pay really well.

Tam said...

Backpack Backpack YEA!!

Tam said...

Good news! That New Wave show is NOT this Friday, it's NEXT Friday. So you have no excuse.

Rachel said...

Unless I may be working, that is...I might end up closing that night, so we'll see! I'll just request early if she doesn't finish the schedule before I get back to work on Friday.

Tam said...

Now I MAY not be going because I might be leaving town that night for Cleveland. I'll, of course, let you know at 5.55 am that morning.

Rachel said...

Haha! Ok, let me know. And I'll let you know if I'm working or not when I know.