Wednesday, May 30, 2007

To Whom It May Concern

In case any of you happen to be concerned (maybe you're not, and that's okay too), I went through Fast Track at St. Vincent Hospital last night because the the left side/the back of my neck was hurting, and it was giving me a headache.¹ I didn't really think much of it until I told my mom when I talked to her on the phone, and she got kind of concerned. After looking it up in her medical book, she said I should make sure I don't have meningitis. Eek.
I went to the hospital, and I got checked out. Thankfully, it's not anything at all but a pulled muscle in my neck, so they gave me some Motrin [I can see it: "That'll be $25 for that tablet." Cha-ching!], and I'm not supposed to lift anything heavy and take it easy. It feels a little better today, but I can feel it lingering in the background.
They didn't really say anything about my cold/flu thing I have going on, so I guess I'm safe to assume it's just that. I just wish I were feeling better. I can't say I feel much better than I did on Friday. I'm barely going to make it through the night at work. Just one more night, and then I have two days off.

¹This is purely to satisfy all those who have been pressuring me to get checked out to make sure I don't have anything serious.

4 comments:

Bobby Revell said...

You can talk to me anytime, I know I can make you feel better! I won't even charge $25.00. I will be your friend for free:)

Tam said...

I hope you know that guy cause otherwise that would be a scary comment to have on your blog. HEHEHE

I didn't know you were feeling crappy (beyond your cold). I hope you feel better all around.

So, did they check your mental status too? Because that's what I meant when I said you should get checked out.

Randy Maness said...

I'm glad it was nothing. I hope you feel better soon. Take it easy!

ron said...

sorry i missed all the excitement! glad to hear you got it checked out and are not dead.