Saturday, May 12, 2007

War Is Art Is Overdone

As some of you may know, I'm a fan of watching vlogs. I find them entertaining, and I watch the likes of SxEPhil, supricky06, KevJumba, and nalts. However, when they start getting into "vlog wars," that's when they become a turn-off. Is there any need to attack the way someone vlogs unless what they've vlogged is completely inappropriate? I think it's a waste of time and bandwidth on YouTube.

Just recently, SxEPhil and battim got into a scuffle (it's still going on, at the moment) over the personal responsibility one holds when they make a video and upload it to YouTube. While I understand that you are responsible for whatever content you put out on the web, I don't think what SxEPhil put out was anything worth getting hyper over. The guy is 21 years old, and he has the humor of a young adult. From the videos I've watched of his, he doesn't say anything overly inappropriate; although there was a video I found to be more sadistic and morbid than need be. battim, on the other hand, is a 30-something ex-Marine with a wife and possibly kids who makes videos making fun of other YouTubers while wearing a Batman costume.

battim went as far as to accuse nalts of perpetuating pedophilia by displaying his children in his videos. I think that's a little over the top considering he doesn't film his kids in inappropriate ways. His videos are the cleanest I've seen on YouTube thus far. He's just a guy who loves his kids and likes filming cute things they do on occasion. Does that make him an accessory to pedophilia? I should hope not. If so, then there's something wrong with your train of thought.

This could all be for the sake of battim getting more views and hits on his site. In that case, I guess it's working out pretty well for him as all of SxEPhil's subscribers are watching his videos now. In fact, some are jumping on board with battim. So if SxEPhil is being accused of using inappropriate methods to gain more hits/comments/traffic on his site, isn't that the same thing you're currently doing only in your own style?
Look at the pot calling the kettle black...

1 comment:

ron said...

so taking pictures of my daughter makes me a pedophile? i know of one other person that thinks like that...