Thursday, May 17, 2007

I'm Ready For Warm Weather And the Disappearance of Allergies

I've been feeling a little sick the past couple days. I was hoping that I didn't catch what my husband has, but I got the reassurance that I needed this morning. I've had a dry throat, and I've been sneezing a lot lately. It led me to believe I had allergies, but Jon has had a sore throat for about a week now, and he's been out of work because of it. I was hoping I didn't catch it. This morning, I woke up to some minor nasal problems, but my dry, sore throat was gone. I am coughing a bit and sneezing off and on, but it's nothing major.

I think it started at work because I spent the majority of my time in the back room on Tuesday, moving furniture and...moving furniture. It's just slightly dusty back there, so I think I kicked up my allergies because I was sneezing like crazy while I was there, and my nose was really itchy. I think it could be that and the fact that the weather in Erie has decided to range from between 80 degrees and 30 the past few days. Can't you pick a temperature range smaller than that? It makes me a little more anxious for our trip out west in a month.

Erie is becoming more unbearable to live in because it seems that every year we have less and less warm days/weeks. The cold air is bad news for me because, in case you haven't noticed, I'm skin and bone. I wear a sweatshirt to bed if it's even a degree below 80 during the night (my husband can attest to this; can't get sexier than that). I don't think I belong in this climate. I could see myself freezing in Hawaii, so perhaps I need to live somewhere in the desert to be climatically happy.
I'll take a thermos of water and a camel, please.

Anyone else think it's ridiculously cold for the middle of May? I shouldn't have to turn my heat on. It's almost June, for crying out loud.

8 comments:

Tam said...

Matt wants to move yesterday. Maybe I wouldn't feel so apprehensive if Britain knew her immediate family better and if someone else I knew moved with me. Lets start a five year plan!

And please feel better

Rachel said...

If you move, I'm moving too. Let's at least move somewhere nice. :)

I'll work on feeling better. I don't feel horrible today, actually. I should go out at some point today though...

Tam said...

He wants to move South. I said "like Pittsburgh"? He just gave me a look.

Word Veri: firruxts

Rachel said...

You said, "Pittsburgh?" LoL. I'd like to move south too. Well, everyone knows how in love I am with Tennessee now. Plus, it's warmer down south. My cousin, Jason, lives in South Carolina. I even wouldn't mind that. Anything but the northern states. Ick.

If you moved away, I'd be beyond sad. I think I might even cry.

Word Veri: Nothing 'cause it's my own page. But I like yours. It would have been better if it'd been "trats." Haha.

Ron said...

Haven't I, or Tim Meadows, taught you ANYTHING? You tell that weather what the hell is up; You don't let that weather talk back to you!

You want 80 degrees? You tell that damn weather how hot it's gonna be. You want a sandwich? You tell that weather what kind of bread. And if they put mayo on it instead of italian dressing, they better be bringin' 5 more degrees - Or you'll be bringing on 5 degrees of PAIN.

Rachel said...

I could really use John-John Mackey and his Stormtracker Accu-Cast here. It's too frickin' cold. Until then, Tam and I are moving down with our hubbys (or soon-to-be hubby, in her case) to the south. Ick.

MrsTito said...

We moved to Florida almost two years ago. Best move of our lives. Not only is it WARM here, but the economy is booming for young people who actually want to work. Housing and gas is more expensive, but the other stuff is the same. Applebees still cost the same on a Friday night, and there are Walmarts on every corner.

P.S. The old people are only bad for a few months, and everyone hates them, so it's ok.

MrsTito said...

In short, move now while you can. Five years from now, you'll be even older and more established in a town.